• AKAForums.ru

Русскоязычная версия форума (требуется отдельная регистрация).
    Все о металлоипоиске с детекторами АКА теперь и на русском языке!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Your attention is required!

Please note that short versions of thread content are provided to unregistered users and guests.

Furthermore some threads are kept hidden from unregistered users and guests.

In order to get access to all threads, read thread content full versions and do not miss a thing,

please register to AKAForums.com

Registration to AKAForums.com and access are free

Handling Lead

Discussion in 'Lead' started by Rew, May 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Rew

Rew "AKA United Kingdom" Group Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Local Time:
    6:14 AM
    Items such as musket balls and pistol shot are often the talking point of military historians and can sometimes offer great insight into the physical layout of an old battlefield. Being made from lead like most projectiles of the era they tend to be quite soft so cleaning them with a quick rinse under the tap is often more than adequate. WARNING! LEAD DEGRADES IN TO EXTREMELY TOXIC WHITE LEAD. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO ABRADE OR POLISH LEAD OBJECTS. AVOID DIRECT SKIN CONTACT, AVOID EXPOSURE TO WHITE LEAD DUST, ALWAYS STORE IN A SEALED CONTAINER

2. SuchMuch

SuchMuch Detectorist

Local Time:
    9:14 AM
    First Name:
    Rodion
    Sorex:
    Pro (1.00) A-Gain
    you can put some wax (like cosmoloid H80) on the find and heat it with a fan shortly

3. TS
    TS
    Rew

Local Time:
    That's a good idea Such Much. I have some real nice musket balls but keep them in a container and don't handle them.
    You have given me an idea. Put the wax on and put them on a nice piece of varnished wood, slightly board out to keep them in place...
    Another project on the go.lol

4. nigel westwood

nigel westwood Iron Lord

Local Time:
    heres six months worth of lead balls from one site . 90% are catapault ,but about 10% are musket . must have dug about 20kg of lead in the past twelve months . No wonder my memory is getting worse again . I must remember to wear gloves . 20160513_171144.jpg now what was it i needed to remember .:ScratchOneSHead:

5. TS
    TS
    Rew

Local Time:
    You must have gypsy's near you.
    I have too say Nigel, you got balls all right:Lol:

6. nigel westwood

nigel westwood Iron Lord

Local Time:
    the field is directly across the road from pub the local gypsys frequent . so its my guess when they have had a few beers they compete to see who can hit a donkey , range 20mtrs-100mtrs depending where if field the donkey stands . but it could be the local gypsy kids ,theres been a lot of damage round here with katys,and if you say owt you get beat up by the dads .
    i dont care rew ,i dont mind a dozen every time saves me casting them ,got me a couple of diablo pros for the near future,lol;)

Forum Threads

• Handling Lead

Rew, May 13, 2016
    Replies:
    Views:
    nigel westwood
    May 13, 2016